Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

& Horror

So, yesterday I went to AnimeSuki (for those of you not into anime, AnimeSuki is one of the biggest catalogs of fan-subbed anime episodes), looking for new episodes of Mahoraba and Honey and Clover. Unfortunately, I found neither of these; but scanning the list of new releases brought something else to my eye: Great Detectives Poirot and Marple, episode 22. Heavens. Surely that can't be as bad as it sounds, right..? Unfortunately, a quick trip to ANN reveals that it is indeed an anime based on Agatha Christie's novels.

Poirot and Ms. Marple are people that I've become begrudgingly familiar with, over the years, due to my mom being a big Agatha Christie fan, and her frequently watching movie adaptations of these series on PBS, not outside my range of hearing. Somehow it disturbs me greatly that there is an anime adaptation, as well.

No comments: